About Take ACTION
The Acute to Chronic Pain Transition (ACTION) Program was initiated by Dr. Ana M. Velly (D.D.S., M.Sc, Ph.D), Associate Professor, McGill University to elucidate strategies to promote the prevention and the treatment of acute and chronic pain.
More specifically, the aims of this program include:
- Identifying the risk and prognostic factors related to acute and chronic pain;
- Identifying risk factors related to the transition from acute to chronic pain;
- Determining the relationship between chronic pain and comorbid conditions;
- Determining prognostic factors related to unsuccessful pain treatment;
- Evaluating the best strategies for the management of acute and chronic pain;
- Identifying the adverse events related to pharmacologic pain management.
- Identifying biomarkers associated with acute and chronic pain.
Dr. Ana Miriam Velly, DDS, MS, PhD – Jewish General Hospital & Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal QC, Canada
Dr. Velly is an Associate Professor with the Faculty of Dentistry at McGill University. She was the Director of the Registry for NIH/ NIDCR's Temporomandibular Joint Implant Registry and Repository from 2006 to 2011, and President of the Neurosciences group of the International Association for Dental Research from 2007-2009. Dr. Velly is a dentist with an MS in Neurologic Science and a PhD in public health with an orientation in epidemiology from the Université de Montréal, followed by post-doctoral training in epidemiology from the Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University.